In Arizona many of our homes have tile and grout flooring. When outside temperatures are rising, the tiles feel cool under our feet and also have the added bonus of being easy to clean. We recommend having your tile and grout cleaned professionally at least once a year, maybe more it the tiling and grout is in a high traffic area. Cleaning tile is easy if you have the right equipment for the job.
Here are 5 tips for keeping your tile clean:
- Vacuum or sweep the tile first to eliminate excess particles and dust. Make sure the area is clear, by removing chairs from underneath tables and any rugs or mats.
- Use a rope, string, or microfiber mop as they will work more efficently in larger areas.
- Make sure the bucket you are using has a wringer included, or use a mop that has a built in wringer. A mild floor cleaner and warm water should be sufficient to clean and mop your tiles. Do communicate to others in the house that the floor will be slippery for the next few minutes. Tile is unforgiving if you fall over on it!
- Lastly, change the water in the bucket frequently, to avoid washing the dirt into the grout and onto other tiles.
- Do you not use a scourer, even on stubborn stains, as this can damage the finish of the tiles.
Tile and grout should be mopped frequently to keep that “as new” feel to it. In a larger space you can add rugs and mats over the tile, but do provide a non-slip mat to avoid movement. If your tile and grout is in need of a professional clean, please call us at 480-821-1481 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join in the conversation on Facebook or Twitter to keep up-to-date with our latest tip and specials.