- Vacuum carpets regularly. Insure lasting beauty and healthy carpets by vacuuming weekly for the number of occupants. For example, if there are 2 adults, 3 children and 2 pets, you should vacuum high use areas 7 times a week. Remember our carpets are acting like an air filter and actually trap and hold on to the soil in our air, tracked in soil and odors within the home (or building). The loose soil actually scratches and etches the fibers, giving them a dull look. Due to the damage caused by the soil the fibers no longer bounce the light off of -them leaving a dingy appearance.
- Placing mats at all entries will reduce the amount of soil brought into the home. Keep outside entry areas clean as well.
- Blot spills quickly. We all get those unexpected spills from time to time, so try to keep white terry towels close for quick clean ups. By placing clean towels under couch cushions they’re always in easy reach. Blot spots NEVER rub and scrub.
- Be sure to clean other soft surfaces regularly – upholstery, curtains, area rugs, and leather. This helps remove those stale odors.
- Change the air filters on a consistent basis – I pick a day a month (ie. first Monday of the month) and that helps me remember to change them regularly.
- Airing out the house/building will also help remove trapped odors.
We spend alot of time in our homes walking on our carpets. Start your maintenance program today and keep your carpet for longer. If your carpet is in need of a professional clean please call us at 480-821-1481 TODAY to schedule an appointment.