Last week we looked at one method for removing those scary Halloween chocolate stains from your carpet. Today we look at an alternative method for removing chocolate stains which is just as effective.
Halloween should be remembered for fun costumes, smiling children, laughter, trick or treating, and of course candy! Halloween should not come back to haunt us months afterwards with scary chocolate stains lurking on your carpet or area rug!
Here are some helpful hints for getting rid of those spooky chocolate stains. Remember that some carpets and rugs will need special treatment and care, and do not rub in a circular motion on your carpet or rug as you could damage the fibres.
Removing Chocolate Stains
- Let the chocolate dry. Scrape off as much as possible with a dull butter knife and then vacuum the crumbs with a hand vacuum or vacuum hose.
- Using an iron on the lowest non-steam setting carefully arrange a layer of paper towels over the stain. Iron the paper towels to soften the chocolate. The paper towels will start to absorb the stain.
- DO NOT use too much heat as this will melt the chocolate and make the stain larger.
- Replace with fresh paper towels as the chocolate soils them. Repeat until the stain is gone.
- Treat any remaining dark spots with a spot remover.
If in doubt, contact Clean N’ Fresh Cleaning Service and we’ll get your carpets looking spotless for Thanksgiving!