- Avoid using disposable plastic, Styrofoam or paper plates and replace them with reusable ones.
- Use cloth napkins, if it’s practical with your number of guests.
- Use stainless or silverware, instead of plastic.
- Use glass, or ceramic cups and mugs.
- Compost your kitchen food scraps, remembering you cannot compost meat or grease.
- Reuse plastic margarine tubs or yoghurt containers for storing leftovers.
- Lower the lights inside to create a warm ambiance that’s relaxing. You could use sustainable candles to create a flattering light, keeping in mind safety at all times.
- Keep a recycle trash can in your kitchen or your backyard so that it’s easy for your guests to see and use.
- Buy locally grown fruit and vegetables to prepare your food. It will taste delicious and be more eco-friendly. Try the local Farmer’s Market for produce.
REMEMBER, it’s good to be passionate about “Being Green”, but don’t spend your party preaching. Your guests are there to have fun and enjoy your good food, drink and excellent company. Hopefully seeing your great ideas will encourage others to follow suit.
At Clean ‘N Fresh Cleaning we understand the importance of cleaning Green. Call us today at 480-821-1481 to schedule your next cleaning appointment.